We are always diligent when it comes to food safety and handling practices. In fact, we follow a set of internally established Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) that are more rigorous than what the D.C. Department of Health requires. We are taking the following precautions along our entire supply and production chain to keep everyone safe:
- Supplier Communication: We ensure that all of the ingredients that come in our facility are from purveyors who are following the CDC guidelines and adhering strictly to their GMPs.
- Food Safety + Handling Practices: In addition to our Food Safety Program and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures, we are emphasizing the critical importance of hand washing, frequent changing of gloves, and surface sanitation.
- Kitchen Production Practices: Although food is not a proven transmitter of the virus, we are taking extra precaution and require face protection for our kitchen employees (note: these are extended hair nets and not face masks that healthcare workers require).
- Maximizing Social Distancing: Staff are required to stand at least six feet apart while in the kitchen, and office staff are working remotely whenever possible.
- Team Wellbeing: All team members must report to their manager any symptoms caused by illness, infection, or other source that is associated with an acute gastrointestinal or respiratory illness, prior to entering any premises for work. If a family member of one of our team members becomes infected with COVID-19, our team member must notify his or her supervisor and will be required to stay home.
- Packing Meals: All employees who handle meals, from the kitchen until the meal is in a bag, are always wearing gloves and washing hands frequently.
- Delivery Precautions: All of our drivers wear gloves throughout their delivery route, and use a contactless delivery process. We have expanded our delivery window into the late morning to accommodate customers whose buildings cannot accept packages, or who do not want a building employee to handle their bag.
- Bag Sanitation: Bags and ice packs have always been sanitized by an employee wearing gloves. As an extra precaution, we will not reuse any of these items within 72 hours.
(keyword: corona, coronavirus, COVID-19)